Cable Front Raise Upright Row Combo
- While standing straight, facing the pulley, hold a straight bar attachment with both hands with a pronated (palms down) grip. Your arms should be extended with a slight bend at the elbows and the barbell should be down near front of your thighs. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly raise the bar as you exhale until it is a little above shoulder level. Hold the contraction for a second. Tip: make sure that you do not swing the weight or bend at the elbows. Your torso should remain stationary throughout the movement as well.
- As you inhale, slowly lower the bar back down to the starting position.
- Immediately, lift the bar by raising your elbows up and to the side. Keep the bar close to your body as you raise it. Continue to lift the bar until it nearly touches your chin. Tip: Your elbows should drive the motion, and should always be higher than your forearms. Remember to keep your torso stationary and pause for a second at the top of the movement.
- Lower the bar back down slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can use dumbbells, barbells, or exercise bands to perform this movement. Click to see another variation: Barbell Variation
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com