RECIPE: Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash (I cooked 2 for 4 servings)
Seasoning: Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Parsley, Paprika
Stuffing: Onions, Peppers, Garlic, Spinach, Ground Beef, Spaghetti Sauce, Cheese (parmesean)
2-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(feel free to switch up your seasonings and “stuffing” options!)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 – 60 minutes
Total Time: approx 1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat Oven to 400º
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out guts (if you have trouble cutting the squash, microwave it for a minute or two to soften it)
- Like a Pumpkin, you can actually roast the squash seeds and add those to the stuffing also 😉
- Coat cut side/inside of squash with olive oil
- Generously season the squash with oregano, parsely, salt, pepper, paprika, etc.
- Place on baking sheet cut side down (I use parchment paper or foil to line baking sheet to help with clean up)
- Bake for 45 min – 1 hour
- While squash is baking, prepare your stuffing.
- When 1 hour is up, remove squash from oven
- Use two forks to gently separate strands of squash and to mix in the seasonings.
- Start filling with your stuffing & top with cheese (optional).
- Place back in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with more parsely.