30 April In Fit Life, Recipes by Nikki Tags: clean eats, cleaneats, cooking with nikki, eat clean, plant based, sweet potatoes, tempeh, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian, video
VIDEO: Cooking with Nikki – Tempeh Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Vegan / Vegetarian)
Prep Time 10 – 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Servings 3 – 6
What You Need:
- Sweet Potatoes – 3 or 4
- Tempeh – 1 package cubed
- Yellow Onion – 1/2 chopped
- Mixed Veggies (Zucchini, Asparagus, Peppers, etc) – 2 cups chopped
- Scallions – 1/4 cup for garnish
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Seasonings of your choice (Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Cardamom etc)
Bake the Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Poke a few holes in each sweet potato.
- Bake until soft inside, 40-60 minutes, depending on size.
Make the Tempeh Stuffing
- Begin when your sweet potatoes have about 10 or 15 minutes to go.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add chopped onions and let simmer for a few minutes to caramelize.
- Add tempeh and seasonings and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- I recently visited Morocco so I have been using spices that I brought back, Ras El Hanout and Cardamom; feel free to experiment with your own flavor profiles.
- Add mixed veggies and cook until tender.
Stuff the Sweet Potatoes
- Cut each sweet potato open lengthwise and fill with tempeh stuffing.
If you try my recipe and post on social media, tag me and use hashtag #fitgirlnikki