Triceps Pushdown/ Pulldown
- Attach a rope attachment to a high pulley and grab with an neutral grip (palms facing each other) at shoulder width.
- Standing upright with the torso straight and a very small inclination forward, bring the upper arms close to your body and perpendicular to the floor. The forearms should be pointing up towards the pulley as they hold the bar. This is your starting position.
- Using the triceps, bring the bar down until it touches the front of your thighs and the arms are fully extended perpendicular to the floor. The upper arms should always remain stationary next to your torso and only the forearms should move. Exhale as you perform this movement.
- After a second hold at the contracted position, bring the bar slowly up to the starting point. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: There are many variations to this movement. For instance you can use an E-Z bar attachment as well as a V-angled bar that allows the thumb to be higher than the small finger. You can also use a straight bare attachment.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com