VIDEO: Cooking With Nikki – Stuffed Acorn Squash
Ready for some fall/winter comfort food that wont throw you off track??? Press Play!
Acorn Squash (I cooked 6 for 12 servings)
Seasoning: Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Parsley, Paprika
Stuffing: Onions, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Rice, Chicken, Cheese (gruyere)
2-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(feel free to switch up your seasonings and “stuffing” options!)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 60 – 80 minutes
Total Time: approx 1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat Oven to 400º
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out guts (if you have trouble cutting the squash, microwave it for a minute or two to soften it)
- Like a Pumpkin, you can actually roast the squash seeds and add those to the stuffing also 😉
- Coat cut side of squash with olive oil
- Generously season the squash.
- Place on baking sheet cut side down (i use parchment paper to line baking sheet to help with clean up)
- Bake for 1 hour
- While squash is baking, prepare your stuffing.
- When 1 hour is up, remove squash from oven and start filling with your stuffing & top with cheese (optional).
- Place back in oven for an additional 15-20 minutes until browned/cheese has melted.
If you try my recipe and post on social media, tag me and use hashtag #fitgirlnikki