26 June In Video - Legs/Glutes, Video - Misc/Other Equipment, Workouts by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Leg Extension Machine Donkey Kicks
- Choose an appropriate starting weight (20lbs shown in video).
- Kneel on the floor under the shin padding of a leg extension machine, use an exercise mat if necessary and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position ( you can also rest on your elbows as shown in video above) arms should be approximately shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Go back to the initial position as you inhale.
- Complete all of the recommended repetitions then switch legs.
Variations: You can use no weights or ankle weights or smith machine.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com