18 September In Video - Chest, Video - Misc/Other Equipment, Video - Shoulders/Arms by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Smith Machine Bench Press (Close Grip)
- Place a flat bench underneath the smith machine.
- Adjust the safeties to about the same level where your head is when lying on the bench.
- Now place the barbell at a height that you can reach when lying down. And grab a V Grip attachment.
- Once the weight you need is selected, lie down on the flat bench. Unlock the bar from the rack (it should rest on the safety) press V Grip attachment against bar and extend your arms. This will be your starting position.
- As you breathe in, come down slowly until you reach the safety (or right above your face).
- After a second pause, bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out and push the bar using your chest muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, hold for a second and then start coming down slowly again.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- When you are done, lock the bar back in the rack.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com