Romanian Cable Deadlifts
(aka Straight Leg Deadlift or Stiff Leg Deadlift or RDL; great for glutes and hamstrings)
- Begin by attaching a straight bar handle to a pulley in the lowest position.
- Depending on the pulley and your own flexibility, you may need a small box to stand on for full range of motion. I am standing on the smallest box in my gym in this video.
- Grab the bar with a pronated grip (palms down) and stand with the feet shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- With medium resistance on the cable machine and the knees slightly bent, bend forward at the hips and let the cable resistance slowly pull the hands toward the top of the feet. Extend from the hips and return to the starting position. (Tip: Be sure to keep the back straight throughout the entire movement. )
- Perform recommended repetitions.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Fit Girl Nikki LLC