Single Arm Cable Row
- Adjust the height of the pulley — this can be either horizontal to your extended arm or higher.
- Kneel on one knee in front of the pulley (use a mat if needed)
- Lean over as you keep the natural alignment of your back and grab the single handle attachment with your left arm using a palms-down grip.
- With your arm extended pull back until your torso is at a 90-degree angle from your bent leg. Your back should be slightly arched and your chest should be sticking out. You should be feeling a nice stretch on your lat as you hold the bar in front of you. The right arm can be kept by the waist. This is the starting position of the exercise.
- Keeping the torso stationary, pull the handles back towards your torso while keeping the arms close to it as you rotate the wrist, so that by the time your hand is by your abdominals it is in a neutral position (palms facing the torso). Breathe out as you perform that movement. At that point you should be squeezing your back muscles hard.
- Hold that contraction for a second and slowly go back to the original position while breathing in.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then perform the same movement with the right hand.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com