29 December In Video - Legs/Glutes, Video - Misc/Other Equipment by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Kettle Bell Deadlift to Goblet Squat Combo
(this is a combination of two exercises, the deadlift and goblet squat)
- Stand with feet shoulder width or slightly wider. Place kettle on floor in front of you.
- Grab a kettle bell by the horns with a flat back/neutral spine. This will be your starting position.
- With a slight bend in your knees, stand up straight.
- Adjust your grip on the kettle bell from the top to the sides then immediately squat down between your legs until your hamstrings are on your calves. Keep your chest and head up and your back straight.
- At the bottom position, pause and use your elbows to push your knees out. Return to the starting position, and repeat for 10-20 repetitions.
Note: I have 5lb weights under my heels to elevate them slightly. This is optional. Elevating the heels decreases range of motion at the hip and improves range of motion at the knee, helping to recruit more quadriceps (front of thigh) muscle fibers.