15 September In Video - Abs/Core, Video - Bodyweight, Video - Dumbbells, Video - Shoulders/Arms by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Bicycle Crunch Variation with Dumbbell Punch
- Instead of lying completely flat on the floor like you typical would for this exercise, you want to balance your self in a more upright position.
- Grab dumbbells (I am using 10lb DBs in this video). Hold with bent arms and palms facing each other.
- Bend knees and lift legs off of the floor. This will be your starting position.
- Now simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg. Simultaneously extend your right elbow and rotate wrist as if you are throwing a punch.
- Return to starting position.
- Perform the same movements using your left leg and arm.
- Continue alternating in this manner until all of the recommended repetitions for each side have been completed.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
How many reps do you recommend for each exercise?
It really depends on the exercise, overall fitness level and specific goals. There is no “right” answer.