Shin Boxes & Banded Single Leg Glute Bridges
This is a video of two dynamic Hip Mobility Drills/ Warmups that would be perfect to perform before training Glutes and Hamstrings.
- Sit on the floor with your legs at 90 degrees (one leg internally rotated, one leg externally rotated).
- While keeping your torso upright and feet planted, slowly rotate your hips until you reach the same 90/90 position on the opposite side.
- Continue rotating in this fashion, pausing briefly at each side while contracting the glutes, for 2-3 minutes.
(There are other variations, progressions and regressions to this movement)
Exercise Caption: Stack.com
Banded Glute Bridges
- Begin by placing exercise band around the middle of your quads (thighs).
- With your back and feet on the floor, raise one foot off the ground. This is your starting position.
- Using your glutes, extend your hips vertically to the ceiling.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
- Perform recommended repetitions then repeat on opposite leg.
Exercise Caption: Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Video Credit: Fit Girl Nikki LLC