12 June In Video - Dumbbells, Video - Shoulders/Arms by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Tricep Dumbbell Kickbacks
- Start with a dumbbell in one hand and your palm facing your torso. Keep your back straight with a slight bend in the knees and bend forward at the waist. Your torso should be almost parallel to the floor. You may want to rest a knee and opposite hand on a bench as I am in the video. This is your starting position.
- Now, while keeping your upper arm stationary, locked at your side, exhale and use your triceps to lift the weights until the arm is fully extended. Focus on moving the forearm.
- As you extend, twist your wrist towards your body, so when fully extended your palm is facing the ceiling.
- After a brief pause at the top contraction, inhale and slowly lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions, then repeat on opposite arm.
Variations: This exercise can also be executed standing using both arms simultaneously.
Also, if you like the one arm variety, you can use a low pulley handle instead of a dumbbell for better peak contraction.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com