VIDEO: Cooking With Nikki – Sweet Potato Hash, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Lemon Herb Pesto Chicken
Hey Goal Diggers!
So, the other day I was given a few mini sweet peppers from my co worker’s garden. I decided to incorporate them into a sweet potato hash! I decided I couldn’t just eat potatoes alone so I made some chicken and Brussels Sprouts to go with! I like to time things when I cook to all finish around the same time so if you are like me, follow this recipe in the order recorded/written.
Disclaimer 1— I love onions so please feel free to use less than I did; I tend to be heavy handed.
Disclaimer 2— Speaking of hands, I am not a trained chef so I know my knife skills among other things need work! 🙂
- 4 Medium Sized Sweet potatoes
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Bunch Scallions (garnish for hash)
- 3-4 Mini Sweet Peppers
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp Premade Pesto (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Seasonings of your choice (I used Paprika, Salt, Pepper, and various Italian seasonings)
Preheat Oven to 450.
- Prep the Sweet Potatoes
- Peel and Cube the Sweet Potatoes
- Season and spray with a little Olive Oil
- After Mixing, place in oven and set timer for 55 min. (check periodically and stir)
- Prep Onions, Peppers & Scallions
- Wash and Chop then set aside
- Make Sauce for the Chicken
- Squeeze lemon
- Add Pesto, Basil, Parsley and any other herbs you like. Mix and Set Aside
- Prep and Cook Chicken
- Wash and Season Chicken (salt and pepper)
- Add Olive Oil to Pan and once hot add chicken and cook for several minutes on each side.
- Add Sauce to Top of Chicken and Cover
- Lower Heat and let simmer until ready to plate.
- Saute Peppers and Onions
- In a separate pan, add a little more olive oil. Once hot add onions and saute until they begin to caramelize.
- Add peppers
- Add Peppers and Onions to Hash
- At this point there should be 10-20 min left on the timer. Remove sweet potatoes and add onion and pepper mixture
- Mix and return to oven for remaining time.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts with Oil and Seasoning
- Add to Air Fryer Basket and set timer for 10 min. (I have a Phillips Air Fryer and set temp to 390)
- Plate and Enjoy!!
Notes: If you skip the Pesto you can create your own topping with the lemon juice, chopped onions and herbs. Also, If you do not have an air Fryer you can oven roast or saute the Brussels Sprouts on the stove.
If you try my recipe and post on social media, tag me and use hashtag #fitgirlnikki
VIDEO: Cooking With Nikki – Sweet Potato Hash, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Lemon Herb Pesto Chicken — Fit Girl Nikki, LLC – SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS COVENANT HOUSE
[…] via VIDEO: Cooking With Nikki – Sweet Potato Hash, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Lemon Herb Pesto C… […]