VIDEO: Cooking With Nikki – Leftovers Remix (Stuffed Peppers)
If you liked my Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe, then you’ll love this!
Next time you find yourself with a interesting mix of leftovers, try combining it all and stuffing it into peppers! Quick, Easy and Delicious! In the video below I combined left over Chicken Pound (Nikki10 for 10% off your order), brown/wild rice from Thanksgiving along with some veggies and ground beef. I topped with some left over cheddar and breadcrumbs from thanksgiving Mac & Cheese and voila! Give this idea a try and let me know how it turns out!
Bell Peppers (7 shown in video)
Seasoning: Pepper, Salt, Lemon & Herb, Parsley
Stuffing: Lean Ground Beef, Zucchini, Rice, Grilled Chicken, Red Onion, Mixed Veggies, Spinach, Cheese (cheddar)
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(feel free to switch up your seasonings and “stuffing” options; this can easily be made vegan or vegetarian by swapping out the meat for seitan or tempeh!)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: approx 50-55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Prep your veggies
- chop onion
- chop or noodle your zucchini
- pop the tops of your peppers & remove seeds
- In medium size pan, add several tablespoons of olive oil
- Once heated, saute onions
- Add ground beef (seasoned with pepper and lemon & herb seasoning)
- Once, beef is cooked thoroughly, drain excess oil from pan.
- Mix in chicken and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, add a little olive oil,
- Once heated, add rice, mixed veggies and beef/chicken mixture.
- Mix well and season as you like.
- Stir in spinach, in batches until wilted.
- Spoon mixture into each bell pepper (fill to very top)
- Top with cheese, breadcrumbs & parsley
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
If you try my recipe and post on social media, tag me and use hashtag #fitgirlnikki