21 August In Video - Dumbbells, Video - Legs/Glutes, Video - Shoulders/Arms by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Reverse Lunge with Shoulder Raises – Two Variations
- Grab lightweight dumbbells and hold at your sides with neutral grip (palms facing each other). (10lb shown in video).
- Look directly forward, keeping your chest up, with your feet shoulder-width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the movement by taking a step to the rear, allowing your hips and knees to flex to lower your body. Contacting the back leg through only the ball of the foot, descend until your knee nearly touches the ground. Use a slow and controlled motion, paying special attention to proper mechanics and posture. The knee should stay in line with the foot, and the thoracic spine should remain neutral.
- Simultaneously, perform a front deltoid raise. Your elbows should remain straight throughout the movement. Rotate your wrist to a pronated grip (palms facing the ground)
- After a brief pause, return to the starting position by driving through the heel of the front leg to extend the knees and hips and lowering your arms.
- Repeat recommended repetitions using either variation, alternating legs or consecutive reps on one leg at a time (both shown in video)
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Fit Girl Nikki LLC