24 July In Fit Life, Recipes by Nikki Tags: clean eating, clean eats, cooking with nikki, eat clean train dirty, eatclean, healthy, healthy eating, healthy food, paleo, vegetables, veggies, zucchini, zucchini boats
RECIPE: Zucchini Boats
Here is a quick and simple but super yummy idea for lunch or dinner!
What You’ll Need:
- Several Zucchini
- Pre-Cooked Chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- Red Peppers
- Green Peppers
- Fresh Mozzarella
- 2-3 TB Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
What to Do:
- Cut out chunks of the zucchini to make them boat-like. Save the guts for later.
- Chop red peppers, green peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Sautée chopped veggies in pan, with oil (including left over zucchini guts) for several minutes until soft.
- Arrange your boats on a cookie sheet and begin to put a layer of chicken in each boat.
- Top with your sautéed veggies and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 min uncovered @ 350 degrees.
If you try my recipe and post on social media, tag me and use hashtag #fitgirlnikki