Single Leg Deadlift & Pistol Squat Balance Exercise
- From a standing position, raise one foot off the floor. Hold light weights/kettlebells in front of you (optional). This will be your starting position.
- While keeping standing leg straight, bend forward, attempting to touch the floor with the weights or your hands.
- Return to Start position.
- Descend into a squat by flexing your hips and knee. As you squat, extend the non-working leg forward to allow clearance for your movement. Descend slowly, paying close attention to balance and proper movement mechanics, going as far as your flexibility allows.
- As you descend extend your arms forward.
- Hold the bottom position briefly and then return to the starting position by extending through the hips and knee, driving through the heel of your working foot.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Fit Girl Nikki LLC