20 July In Video - Back, Video - Barbells, Video - Legs/Glutes by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Deadlift Bent Over Row Complex
This is an advanced exercise which combines two technical lifts. See below.
- Approach the bar so that it is centered over your feet and place your feet into a hip-width stance.
- Bend at the hip to grip the bar using an overhand grip so that your arms are just outside of your knees and thighs. This will be your starting position.
- Keep your chest up and your back straight, and begin pushing through your heels to move the bar upward. After the bar passes the knees, aggressively pull the bar back, pulling your shoulder blades together as you drive your hips forward into the bar.
- Lower the bar by bending at the hips and guiding it to the floor.
- Then, quickly transition into a barbell row position by bending at the hips so that your chest is nearly parallel with the ground.
- Execute a barbell row by pulling the bar to your chest. Keep your core tight, and back straight as you flex at the elbows to bring the bar upwards to your sternum. Lower the bar to the floor by extending your arms. This is one complete repetition.
- Repeat, 2 deadlift and 2 subsequent barbell row to complete your second repetition.
- Repeat, 3 deadlift and 3 subsequent barbell row to complete your third repetition.. Etc
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com