13 December In Video - Cable, Video - Chest by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Standing Cable Crossover
- To get yourself into the starting position, place the pulleys on a high position, select the resistance to be used and hold the pulleys in each hand.
- Step forward in front of an imaginary straight line between both pulleys while pulling your arms together in front of you. Your torso should have a small forward bend from the waist. This will be your starting position.
- With a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, extend your arms to the side (straight out at both sides) in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest. Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement. Tip: Keep in mind that throughout the movement, the arms and torso should remain stationary; the movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
- Return your arms back to the starting position as you breathe out. Make sure to use the same arc of motion used to lower the weights.
- Hold for a second at the starting position and repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can vary the point in front of you where your arms meet.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com