23 August In Video - Cable, Video - Legs/Glutes by Nikki Tags: Exercise Library
Cable Glute Kickbacks
- Hook an ankle cuff to a low cable pulley and then attach the cuff to your ankle. Or alternatively slip your foot into a handle like I have in this video.
- Face the weight stack from a distance of about two feet, grasping the steel frame for support.
- While keeping your knees and hips bent slightly and your abs tight, contract your glutes to slowly kick the working leg back in a semicircular arc as high as it will comfortably go as you breathe out. Tip: At full extension, squeeze your glutes for a second in order to achieve a peak contraction.
- Now slowly bring your working leg forward, resisting the pull of the cable until you reach the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch legs and repeat the movement for the other side.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Bodybuilding.com