Dumbbell Hamstring Curls
- Place a light dumbbell on the floor, standing on end. Choose a lighter dumbbell than you think you’ll need at first, until you’re comfortable with the exercise. (20lb is used in the video)
- Lie down on the floor, on your stomach, with your legs straight and feet close to the dumbbell. Place your feet on either side of the dumbbell handle.
- Squeeze the dumbbell between your feet and bend your knees to lift it off the floor. The top weight on the dumbbell will rest on the bottom of your feet.
- Bend your knees slowly up toward your butt, strive to keep the bottoms of your feet facing the ceiling throughout the movement. Slowly lower the weight back down. Repeat.
- Perform the exercise lying on a flat bench if you’d like more of a challenge at the bottom of the movement; the bench allows you to straighten your legs completely.
Video Credit – Fit Girl Nikki LLC
Exercise Caption – Livestrong.com